Sunday, May 13, 2012

Derby Pie

I mentioned on Friday that I'd made a Derby Pie 
and wanted to share the recipe with you!
I originally got it from my mom...
 Mix the dry ingredients:
 Add eggs
 Stir until nicely combined
 Add melted butter
 Stir in the deliciousness
 The best pies are ones with homemade crusts.
 Fill unbaked pie crust with filling
I had some left over crust so I cut out flowers for the edges.
 *You must use a pie crust shield to get an evenly baked crust.
My crust gets overdone if I forget to do this.
 Bake at 350 for 30 or so minutes.
The pie should be set when it is done so don't take it out if it is wiggly.
 Let cool and then serve.
This is a GREAT dessert to make the day before and serve the following day.
It is also great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
 Enjoy!!
Linking up at

3 comments:

  1. Oooo, this sounds delicious. Gotta try it! We're so glad you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming and we hope you'll be back. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try and make this pie this week. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.