Thursday, May 17, 2012

Apple Crisp

Kevin is in love with Apple Crisp.
It is his favorite dessert
so I'm always striving to find THE perfect recipe.

Here's our latest favorite:
I used this recipe from melskitchencafe

I cut the recipe in half so that it was better suited for 2 people.
 3 large apples
peeled, sliced thin, splash of lemon juice & vanilla.
Stir until coated.
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c brown sugar
1 c oats
8 T butter at room temp
1/2 t cinnamon
Mix until well combined.
Place apples in the bottom of a baking dish.
Sprinkle half of dry mixture on top of them.
I had 1/2 a jar of caramel topping on hand so
I poured that on top.

Then I covered the caramel with the rest of the dry mixture.
Kevin loves oats so I sprinkled some more on top for good measure.
I also cut a few more Tablespoons of butter to add around the top.
Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
Turn off oven and leave apple crisp in.
*This  last step may only be necessary in high altitude areas
to ensure apples aren't crunchy.
Let cool and dish up.
Sprinkle with a touch of granulated sugar.

I topped mine with some homemade vanilla ice cream.
yummy :)
This recipe makes 4 generous servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.