Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Watercolor Turkeys

I mentioned earlier this week that Olive and I did some water color painting.  I was excited to use her art work to make some turkeys this year.  I figured it would be a fun way to personalize our Thanksgiving cards.

I traced her hand on an index card to make a template and then began cutting three hands at a time by layering the paper.  It worked out great and was really quick.  I also purchased this giant box of 200 note cards + envelopes for $15 at Target.  I figured I could make a TON of cards from the blank note cards.




 My helpers were very interested in playing with the cards.  Topher kept laying on them and Olive gave each of the cards literal hugs and kisses.



 I had some left over hand prints so I made a garland for our mantle.


 Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

  1. You will treasure that garland for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the garlands and the turkeys! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whitney these are darling! Did you buy those note cards recently? You are so creative and your house looks so home-y and festive!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.