Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cinnamon Pie Crust

It's that time of year when a dash of cinnamon gets added to everything.  I had a fridge full of apples so my hubby requested an apple pie.  I only make one or two a year because they are pretty labor intensive.  They aren't hard, but the whole apple process takes a bit of time.

I decided to change things up a bit and add some cinnamon to my crust.  I went to add 1 teaspoon, fumbled the cinnamon container and ended up adding 2ish teaspoons.  It worked out just fine because really the more cinnamon the better :)
 I LOVE making homemade pie crusts and I'm working on a recipe tutorial for the beginning of December so stay tuned all you pie lovers :)

 I made my mom's apple pie recipe:
3 apples - cored, peeled sliced
1/2 t cinnamon
3 1/2 T flour
1/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
3 T melted butter
1 T lemon juice
1 unbaked pie crust (cinnamon optional)

topping:
 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/4 c sugar, 1/4 c softened butter 1/2 c flour

Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and then reduce temp to 350 for 45-50 minutes



 His and Hers apple pies
 What is your favorite cinnamony treat this time of year??

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks so good! I have never tried cinnamon in a pie crust. I actually usually only use store bought because I never loved the crust anyway. This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm in awe of your pie baking skills! That looks almost too good to eat. Almost. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.