Wednesday, November 26, 2014

His and Hers Turkey Place Cards

I assigned myself the job of doing place cards for my family Thanksgiving this year.  I love having place cards at the dinner table so it was an easy job for me.  I knew that we'd be coming in town on Thanksgiving Eve so I would not be able to fix any food to contribute to the meal.  I also volunteered to plan some fun activities for the kids.  Check back in this afternoon for the details.

Back to my place cards...
I had SO MUCH fun making them and LOVE how they turned out.

I love the glitter, the bows/bow ties and that I was able to incorporate Olive's watercolor paintings into the feathers of the turkeys.  They came together even better than I imagined.  I also used supplies that I had in my craft closet and did not buy any new supplies for these!

You'll need:
A scalloped circle punch
a scalloped oval punch
thick paper to fold for tent base
a few cupcake wrappers for bows/bow ties
gold polka-dotted tissue paper (Dollar Tree)
colored paper or watercolor painted paper
glue stick
sharpie marker

I folded the paper tents first.
I'd suggest doing this to get the size/shape right.

Then I glued on the feathers, body and added sharpie details.

I cut out each glittery head from the polka-dotted tissue paper
and cut bows/bow ties from the cupcake wrappers.

I glued them on last and each turkey seemed to come to life.

Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about their turkeys!!

My turkey family
(We have three Kevin's in my family so last initials are necessary :)




 

 It is possible to make CUTE turkeys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.