Saturday, November 1, 2014

Helping Your Littles Adjust to the Time Change

A good friend emailed me these suggestions for helping your child adjust to the time change and I thought they were really helpful.  I hadn't given much thought to it because Olive was completely unphased by it last year.  Since I value my sleep and a good routine, I'm going to be giving these tips from Moms On Call a try :)


1. Saturday Night, Nov 1st put your child to bed at the usual time.

2. Then, change your clocks back one hour (so 8pm is now 7pm).

3. VERY IMPORTANT: On Sunday, get your child at the correct time. 
Resist the urge to get them early even if they are awake/noisy. 

4. Spend the day on schedule and remember; it may take about 3-5 days 
for the new time to become familiar. 

You've got this! Expect a few mornings of fussy kids (and tired parents). 
Stay committed 
and before you know it, we are all adjusted.


Do you have any other tips to share??
What works at your house??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.