Friday, May 30, 2014

Hooray for Friday!

It's been a rainy, busy, birthday filled week at my house.
The best parts were...

1. We celebrated Olive's FIRST birthday with family and friends all week long.  We traveled to Indiana for a visit and couldn't have had a better time.  Olive loved being surrounded by her family and we loved making memories together.  The party turned out just like I'd hoped - tune back in next week for a full recap!
 

 2. I got this minty lace top from The Limited and I LOVE IT!  It's unique, has tons of adorable details (the back is polka-dotted) and it was on sale!!  It was definitely be on repeat all summer long.

3. My DIY projects for the party were really fun!  Makes me want to take a closer look at my overflowing Pinterest boards and start on some summer DIYs.  I'll be posting about them next week.

 4. I've been looking for a child sized back pack for Olive and hadn't had much luck.  My sister found this cat backpack and gave it to Olive for her birthday.  It's even cuter in person (if that's possible) and I can't wait to pack it for her!!
 Silver mouse zipper pulls!?!?!

5. We went on a date night stroll through Whole Foods this week.  We usually don't shop there, but we were looking to find a good deal on some organic food items.  We strolled around the store and had the best time!!  The employees were really helpful and friendly.  We came home with sourdough bread, fancy cheeses, all the ingredients for bruschetta and some of the tastiest food we've had all season.  We won't be doing all of our grocery shopping there - unless we win the lottery - but we will be going back for specialty items and to check out their sales regularly.  Olive thought the entire store was very entertaining.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!  I'm hoping my weekend includes dinner date night, hanging out with friends, late night Sonic milkshake run and relaxing.
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweet girl! I love all the fun crafty things you put together for her party. My little girl is 19 months, and while that first birthday was a little sad, putting together her party was so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Happy 1st birthday, Olive!! Everything you made looks so amazing! And that backpack! Ca-yute!!!

    Now following along!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute little party! And awesome decorations! My son is 20 months and has a little backpack like that and loves to wear it places. Stopping by (and now following) from the Friday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable party DIY projects! Happy 1st birthday to Olive!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.