Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Friday!!

Traveling seems to ensure that your week will fly by!!
We had a great week full of flying, road trips, friends and family
and it's hard to believe it's already Friday.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!
I'm looking forward to my first Mother's Day with Olive.
It was an exciting week and I can't wait to tell you about it.

1. Do you write many thank you notes??
 I'm pretty passionate about writing thank you notes so I wrote a little series.
It seems to be something that is falling out of popularity 
and I want to bring it back!!

2. I'm having so much fun getting things ready for Olive's 1st birthday party!!  The invitations have been mailed out and now I'm working on decorations, party supplies and menus.  Her party colors will be pink, gold and black.  My lucky lady will be celebrating her big day at parties in Indiana and in Arkansas.

3. My husband graduated with his PhD!!!
He's been working on this milestone for the last 10 years so it was exciting to celebrate this major moment!!  Olive was a dream baby and Kevin's parents came with us to Utah to celebrate.  The weather was PERFECT and we had a wonderful wild west adventure.  
Olive did really well on her first flights despite mechanical issues, deplaning and being up til 3:00am.  I'll write up some tips for flying with a baby next week so tune back in. 

 4. We drove up to Jackson Hole, Wyoming for the weekend.  There was a lot of snow on the ground at Grande Teton National Park and it was beautiful!!  The weather was amazing and we got to see a porcupine, two moose, antelope, deer, bison and lots of antlers.  We were excited to take Olive here for the first time.  She's already a big fan!!
I got my first pair of moccasins!!
I've been wanting a pair for a while and I couldn't pass up these turquoise ones
when I came across them in a cute little shop in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.


5. I got to see LOTS of good friends while we were in Utah.
I've missed them so much this year and haven't seen them since last summer.
These ladies know how to make me SMILE!!


My Finish This statements of the week:
I feel an adrenaline rush when...
it's nap time and I'm trying to get a million things done.
I feel energized when...
I'm well rested, have my day planned out and am able to get lots done.
I feel small when...
I'm in the mountains out west.
I feel big when...
I realize I'm a parent and am responsible for taking care of a little person.
I feel stupid when...
someone asks me to whistle because I can't.
I feel smart when...
when someone asks me about teaching, reading, classroom management, tutoring or anything related to the field of education.

Thanks for stopping by!!  Hope you have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Great photos from your trip! I can't wait to read your travel tips with a youngster too, I'll be going home to Kentucky this summer, with Kamden in tow, so I appreciate any and ALL advice from an experienced mom who has travelled with their small/young child. Thanks for joining the link up too, always fun! xo, Nicole (co-host)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your husband! What an exciting accomplishment!! Glad you all enjoyed a great trip! Happy party planning for your precious Olive! Have a lovely Mother's Day weekend (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love thank you notes! Jackson Hole is so beautiful...love it there. Your precious girl is going to be ONE! Have fun. We had our little one' first birthday party this past weekned. Congrats to your hubby on the major life accomplishment! That's awesome. Have a wonderful Mother's Day! Is it your first one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl- Minnetonkas are where it's at! I wear mine all the time! And congrats to your hubby on completing his PhD! That's such a huge step!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love road trips and stationary! I'm off to check out your Thank You note posts:)

    I'd love for you to come visit and maybe even sign up for my favorite color swap!

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/05/tea-time-4914.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Gold first birthday stuff. Can't wait to see pics of the parties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. post full of fun and great tips that's what I love to read
    come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to your husband! What a huge accomplishment! Olive is darling!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.