Thursday, April 17, 2014

Field of TOE-lips

Who needs tulips when you could have TOE-lips??
Olive and I did a little Spring painting this week.

Here's what you'll need:
1 canvas - 3 pack at Wal-Mart for under $10
green + pink (or your favorite color) paint
sponge brush
smaller paint brushes
glitter
5-6 wet paper towels
1 baby :)
Cheerios or snacks to distract said baby


I painted one foot and and did four foot prints.
Wiped the foot clean with the wet paper towels.
I added glitter to them.
Painted the second foot print and stamped it five times.
I found that I had to reapply paint after each stamping.
It worked best to use the sponge brush to paint her foot.
Warning: the wet paint will feel funny and make your baby giggle :)

I let that dry for a bit and then started adding stems with a thin brush.
 I let the stems dry and started adding leaves.

 I made the executive decision not to do hand and foot print flowers because Olive is so wiggly.  I figured tiny feet are cute and we'd all be happier if I didn't try to get hand prints from her.  She was slightly bummed that I opted not to do her hands.


 Luckily, a few more cheerios cheered her right up :)


 I'm glad to have Olive's 1st Spring/Easter documented in a
Field of TOE-lips!!

7 comments:

  1. This is SO cute! Love her little smile, she always looks so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make an amazing Mother's Day card for grandma! Lovely little toes. Visiting via "FridayFlashBlog" linkup

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I will have to try this with my little one! Stopping by from #linknblogs! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Every year I have painted my kids feet on their birthdays and add it to their scrapbooks. They are now all teenagers and their feet pictures are precious memories.

    I found you from AR Women Bloggers link up.
    Blessings,
    Diane Roark - Conway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! What a great project to display for many many years! Thanks for sharing at the Weekned Retreat, hope to see you back on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are SO cute and is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE this idea. Its so cute and would be a great piece of wall art for my kiddo's room!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Tell it To Me Tuesday. We hope to see you linking up more great posts next week!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.