Thursday, August 22, 2013

Little Rock Zoo

The reviews for the Little Rock Zoo were not great but I always enjoy visiting the zoo so we gave it a try.  The weather was cooler than usual, and by cooler I mean upper 80s and humidity at ONLY 60% that day, so we wanted to take advantage of it.  

Here were some of our favorite animals:
Apes

 Kevin was feeling brave and pet the Corn Snake.  Ewwww!



 The elephant

 Feeding the fishies

 The giraffe didn't move the whole time we were watching it other than to chew.
I think it was real... :)
 Olive's first trip to the zoo.

 The big cats

Both little girls did a lot of sleeping!

 Zebras
 It was hot so I was glad to keep Olive cool in the shade 
and have her sleep through the majority of our zoo visit.

 Kevin broke into song when we saw the wart hogs.
"When I was a young wart hoooooooooooooooooog!"

The cutest penguin at the zoo!
 I think I like the zoo mom :)

The crew minus Tyler the photographer.
Wishing I would have asked someone to take a picture of ALL of us!
 Overall, the zoo was nice and almost all animals were out.  I'd avoid going on really hot days.  Only a few things were under construction and it's really close by our house so we'll probably go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.