Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Friday to You!

It's HOT in the South.  Little Rock has been 100+ all week with 70+% humidity!  I'm not used to this heat/humidity.  In Utah, people were groaning when the humidity started approaching 30%... we were spoiled.  I grew up in Indiana so I should be used to it but after living in Utah for 9 years, I became soft.  Hopefully we'll acclimate soon so we can get out and about.

The most exciting things about my week were:

1. I had great luck shopping at Ross this week.  I typically bypass this store because we don't have a great history together but I'm so glad I stopped in.  I found this 2 quart pitcher bowl for $6 (which was perfect for cinnamon roll dough), an adorable kleenex box cover for Olive's nursery for $2 and this cute canvas for $6.

2. I got caught up on laundry and jobs around the house.  Which happened to be a win-win for everyone.  I got things crossed off of my to do lists and my cats were thrilled to have an empty laundry basket to snuggle in.

3. Olive and I are getting into a good routine with bathtime, manicures (her nails grow crazy fast), story time, sleeping/eating routines.  Everyone is happy and healthy at this 10 week point in our lives.

4. My brother and his family came in town.  We explored Little Rock and found lots of treasures.  Le Pops Gourmet Ice Lollies were ah-mazing!!  They were less than $3 a pop :) and they were made with fresh ingredients.  I'm dreaming of my peach lolly right now!!

5. We went to the local Farmer's Market and got GIANT tomatoes, apple butter and snacks.  We don't have a garden so I was so excited to come across affordable, great tasting tomatoes.  We had to have BLTs in honor of this exciting occasion and I felt ambitious so I gave bacon weaving a shot.  It was a success; tune back in for my tips on bacon weaving in just a few days.  It's really easy and makes the sandwich SO good.

 Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Linking up with TheLaurenElizabeth and Life Rearranged

2 comments:

  1. What is it with cats and laundry baskets?! Haha. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it!! Love the bacon weave!! Yours looks perfect and delicious!! Our summer here in NC hasn't been bad at all... we've only reached 100 one day which is odd for us! Have a great week!!
    Go Irish,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.