Thursday, February 5, 2015

Pom Pom Obstacle Course


I'd seen some fun ideas floating around the internet about creating a fun tube obstacle course for you toddler to play with.  I kept the idea in the back of my mind and started saving all toilet paper and paper towel rolls for months.  I envisioned a pom pom obstacle course, made plans in my head and it came together perfectly.  I picked up three bags of pom poms at the Dollar Tree and used tape I already had so this project cost me a little over $3.

You'll need:
a large variety of toilet paper/paper towel/wrapping paper tubes
masking tape and duct tape
3 bags of pom poms in a bowl
scissors

I started this project at nap time and realized it wasn't going to be done in time.  No problem.  I just recruited Olive to help me and by help me I mean play with all of the supplies.  She walked into the kitchen, her eyes lit up and she shouted "What's this?!?!"

 A few tips:
It's possible to do this with your kids helping you.  If they are older they could definitely help with the designing of the course.
It's easier to attach the tubes if you put the tape on the tube first.
Use cute duct tape to secure the masking tape.
Be prepared to have pom poms all over the floor - I figure I'd much rather step on a pom pom than on a lego or something shart :)
An unexpected bonus: 
the cats love the pom poms so this activity is fun for your child AND your cats :)

 We have left this up for a few weeks and it's still just as fun as it was in the beginning.  Part of the fun is throwing handfuls of pom poms in the air and I'm okay with that.  I pick up pom poms twice a day - at nap time and at bed time and don't worry about them during the day.  Works for us.


 Check out my instagram account today 
to see some cute videos of this pom pom obstacle course in action!!

Any questions??
Your little one would LOVE this activity!!

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute and perfect idea! I want to try this with Jack. I gotta start saving my rolls so I can get on this soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Would be a good rainy day activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this and your video on instagram. I'm totally making it for Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! My boys would love this! I'll have to start saving those toilet paper rolls now! :)
    Thanks for sharing and linking up.
    Sarah
    www.sarahefrazer.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.