Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hair Rut

I feel like I'm at an awkward stage with my hair...

I don't have a stylist in Mississippi yet and need to ask around for recommendations from my friends.  I have had some bad experiences with hair cuts so I definitely know that not all stylists are the same - think Utah mullet of 2008 or the great Arkansas hack of 2013...

I'm pondering these questions...
Do I get a good chop again and stick with the bob or let it grow out?
It's just past my shoulders and feels so in between.
Do I add layers since it's all one layer?
Do I let it grow and then add some layers?
Oh and I also found another GRAY hair so
then I start to wonder if it's time to color my hair for the first time???


Things to keep in mind:
I'd love bangs, but my hair is far too curly for them in the humid South.
I am thinking ahead to the hot & humid Mississippi summer so I've got to have a cut that will work with waves and not be too much work.
I don't want to spend tons of time to straighten & style it each day
I sometimes miss my long ponytail/top knot of 2012
My hair goes into a pony tail easily, but it's not cute since I have no layers.


I've pinned some hair inspiration...

 How to style short hair. My hair is currently a little above my shoulders but my stylist wants to cut chin-length. Trying to decide...
via vogue

wavy hair with highlights - Subtle layers cut into mid-length hair add body and wave to the ends.  Read more: http://www.dailymakeover.com/trends/hair/fall-haircuts-2014/#ixzz3E0hlYADW
via dailymakeover

the perfect "in-between" cut made better by skipping the "awkward stage flip" choosing beachy curls over a super smooth style.
via pophaircuts

What do you think?
Any advice or suggestions??

6 comments:

  1. I'm always a fan of the angled bob. You could start it longer and then take more off if you wanted to later. Since you're in the South, it's totally not weird to ask a stranger where they get their hair cut. If you see someone with a similar look, ask them who does their hair - you know that person can do that cut on at least one person! I get asked so often that I carry my stylist's business cards in my purse. :) She really owes me a free cut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cut of the last picture. I'm like you, I have curly hair. Since I live in Arkansas my hair goes crazy in the humidity. If you go too short you won't be able to do messy buns when a mama needs to. Plus with the curly and the friz it is going to be even way shorter than the cut. I recently got my hair cut something similar to the last picture but just shorter. Can't wait to see what you get done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the exact same spot! I've had an angled bob for a year now and I want to grow it out, but it's at an awkward/driving me nuts stage. Sometimes I just think "I need to chop this off NOW", but then I remember how I want to have it long and curly. Oh the great hair dilemma! I change my hair cut and color all the time. I get bored easily which makes it even harder. I'm in love with the last two photos you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should get some layers, that way if you wear it wavy/curly you can see the curls better. Otherwise you'd have that awkward triangle curly hair lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let it grow! Your hair grows fast anyways. I'm going to add some color to mine in March. You could always try that for a little change?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.