Monday, March 25, 2013

Mom's Bran Muffins

I've been craving Bran Muffins for a while so I finally got around to making them.
My recipe is based on my mom's original recipe with just a few changes.

Here's what you'll need:
 16oz box of Bran Flakes (I always use Great Value brand)
2 1/2 c sugar
5 c flour (1 c wheat flour and 4 c white flour)
5 t baking soda
2 t salt
4 T Crisco oil
4 eggs
1 quart buttermilk

Mix all ingredients together.  Make sure you have a GIANT bowl and sturdy spatula ready for this large mixture.  Stir really well so that everything gets mixed nicely.  
The refrigerated batter keeps for up to 6 weeks.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes 
or 12-15 if they are mini muffins.

They are great right out of the oven with a little butter.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.