Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hoppy Easter Art

I was anxious to do a Spring art project with my class
so I dreamed up this over sized bunny project.

Here's what you'll need:
over sized paper for the background
pipe cleaners - 2 per child
scrapbook paper in pastels
thick, white paper - 6 per child
ribbon
pom-poms
googly eyes
scissors
glue sticks
scissors
decorative punches came in handy too

Warning: Your classroom will look like a disaster for oh about 2 hours
 BUT your students will be in heaven!!!

 We made a bunny body part checklist to guide the kids:
We decided that they should do one large bunny with some type of Spring item in the picture

I planned for this to take about an hour but it really took more like 2ish hours.  The kids loved it and their bunnies were ADORABLE!!  I'm so glad that I didn't just copy a bunny template for them to do.  I'm not a fan of cookie cutter art projects so these personalized bunnies were too sweet.  Each child was so proud of their bunny and took lots of time to ensure that every detail was just right.  

Here's what my student came up with:
 Hoppy Easter from my 3rd graders!!

1 comment:

  1. Darling! I bet they look so cute hung up next to each other!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.