Saturday, March 23, 2013

Friend Baby Shower UP CLOSE

You got a little sneak peek of Olive's first event this morning but here is the UP CLOSE version.  I wanted you to see the details because Jacque really thought of e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. and she is so crafty... best part of having a crafty, talented friend... she let me keep a lot of decorations for Olive's nursery!!

Welcome to the colorful room
Lantern and tissue paper flower clusters adorned every table top

The centerpieces at the tables were glass jars filled with bright fruit, surrounded by mini vases of flowers and greenery, glass candle sticks, and scalloped edge conversation starters (how do you know Whitney/Kevin, if you had to eat a jar of baby food, what flavor would you choose?, etc.)  We had plenty to talk about at my table but we got a good laugh out of these fun conversation starters.
 Wrapping paper table runner, name cards, striped paper straws, & flower napkin rings.

 Jacque was also sneaky and got baby pictures from my mom and Kevin's mom.  It was cute to see little pictures of both of us on display for everyone to take a peek at.
We filled out wishes for Olive & played a really fun name game.
Jacque listed everyone that came to the shower in a word bank and then listed the meanings of their names.  We had to match the name with its meaning.  It was funny to see what everyone's names meant!  I'd never played this game and it was a big hit that had everyone laughing.  Jacque also had each of the guests address the thank you note envelopes so that I had a jump start on my thank you note writing.

Cardboard letters spelling Olive that were covered in about 10 layers of fun scalloped scrapbook paper circles were the focal point of the favor table.  I got to keep those so watch for them to show up in little girl's nursery!  Now lets talk about this sweet pom-pom garland!!!  Jacque sent a friend a picture of my bedding and she made the garland to match!  This will also be in her nursery for sure.  I felt like I hit the lottery because Jacque was so thoughtful with her DIY shower projects and they go with my nursery really well. 
 Fresh flowers, cupcake towers, wrapping paper runners, pennants, and chalkboards... oh the chalkboards!!  I kept the pink one for Olive's nursery and the silver framed one greeted guests as they entered the club.
Jacque even made little monogrammed cupcake toppers for Olive Kate Jordan.
Impressive right?!?! 

We had quiche, fruit and a roll to eat with a cupcake for dessert.
Favors:  Flower pins on tags that as though they were growing in grass were favors for everyone in attendance.  The tops of each card said Thank you!  Love, Whitney & Baby Olive  Everyone was excited to pick out their own flower pin made by Jacque


 Thank you for an AH-MAZING baby shower!!  I was so impressed and wowed by all of your thought and attention to details.  Your flawless execution of my baby shower still has me in awe.  It was no surprise to me when my friends started asking if they could hire you to do their events!  You are oh so talented at all things party related and the queen bee of DIY.  THANKS for planning/hosting/pulling off such a thoughtful event friend.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.