Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pregnancy Brain is a REAL Thing People

I was skeptical about this thing called
PREGNANCY BRAIN.
I now wish to inform you that it is a real thing.
Like 100% real.

Let me give you some examples:
1. I'm not the kind of girl who would forget her cell phone at home or go to the grocery store while my grocery list sits on the counter at home.  Both of these things have happened to me several times lately.  True story: I got teary eyed while out to lunch with my husband because I realized I'd forgotten my phone and had no camera on me for our impending doctor's appointment.  Luckily a chocolate chip cookie cheered me up enough to make me forget about the tragedy at hand...

2. My hubby was talking to me about the weather in Phoenix last week and I asked him how much of the year was unbearably hot.  He said the residents there told him about 100 days a year.  I responded with, "WOW! Over half the year is that hot!!"  He looked at me like I was a loon and reminded me that there are 365 days in a year and that 100 isn't half of that.  So I realized that I was confusing the 180 school year for a real year... sigh...

3. I'm having issues mixing up words, saying the wrong thing and my students find it comical.

4. I mixed up birthdays in a conversation I was having with my sister.

5. I find myself walking into a room to get something or to do something and have no clue why I am there or what I'm getting.  I retrace my steps and try to remind myself of what I was doing.

I'm hoping my brain will bounce back after the next 15 or so weeks...
who am I kidding??  I'll probably be deliriously tired at that point,
so let's say here's to hoping for a normally functioning brain in about 6 months from now.

2 comments:

  1. My brain has never recovered - sorry for the bad news! I think it's just gotten worse. I was reading you mixed up birthdays while talking to me and I thought "I don't remember that" - and with some more thinking I do remember that now.. but yea, I still struggle! Little Olive will be worth it though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too concerned. Pregnancy brain must be the
    same as being over 65 brain. Same results! Love.....
    Aunt Vera

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.