Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bars of LOVE

I made some Valentine Blondies that I affectionately named

They were tasty, simple to throw together and perfect for sharing.
Here's my version of the recipe:

2 c flour
1 t baking powder
2/8 t baking soda
1 t salt
2/3 c butter
2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c chocolate chip/Valentine M&M mix

Preheat oven to 350 and bake for 20ish minutes in a greased pan.

Mix together dry ingredients.  Melt butter and add brown sugar.  Mix well and cool.  Add eggs, vanilla and flour mixture a little at a time.  Mix in the majority of the chocolate chip/M&M mixture leaving some to sprinkle on the top.  Spread in a greased 9x13 pan.  Sprinkle remaining chocolates on top.  Store in airtight container.  Slice into small squares or rectangles for easy eating.

I was bummed that so many of my m&ms sank into the bars
so I added some more to the top while it was still warm.
 Let cool and slice.

 Anyone could make this really simple & festive recipe.
Give it a try!

1 comment:

  1. These look great!! I think I'm gonna make them for Valentines!! I started following you on instagram! I haven't started my blog yet so I started an IG account while I get my blog/thoughts/ideas together. With everyday life I admire how often you blog...by the time I work, come home an fix dinner, clean the kitchen and tend to the dogs an cat I'm worn out!!! Have a great week and I loved your outfits...pregnancy fits you well and your absolutely gorgeous and glowing!!
    Go Irish!!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.