Monday, February 4, 2013

Favorites Party

Have you ever been invited to a FAVORITES PARTY??
I had heard of them but just got to attend my first one recently!
Let me give you the details:
My book club rotates my locations depending on the host and we try to do different things each month. We've done dinner, themed foods, cookie exchange, bring a treat to share, etc.  
My friend decided to do a Favorites exchange.
She gave us instructions:
-no more than $10
-be sure to pick items that are really your favorites or that you can't live without
-wrap them

Simple and clear.  It was hard to decide on just one or two items to bring but I finally narrowed it down.  I brought a statement necklace.  We rolled dice to decide the order that we'd open the gifts and established some rules.  You had to roll the designated number or two of the same numbers.  So we took turns going around the circle of friends.  You got to open the gift when you rolled the right numbers.  Then you could decide to quit rolling and keep your gift or to roll again with the option of stealing or opening a new gift.  

I was thrilled to get the gift above.  We had to explain our favorite item(s) to the group which turned out to be a great activity to help us to get to know each other better.  Stephanie chose her favorite snacks, magazine, pens and chapstick.  I have really enjoyed using all the items and like them a lot.  The gum and the chapstick turned out to be favorites of mine too!!

Do you have a group of friends or co-workers 
that you could have a favorites party with??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.