Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Chocolate Bark

My good friend, Martha, e-mailed me a recipe for
It looked delicious so I wanted to give it a try.

You're going to need:

Directions:
Line a pan with foil
Break apart graham crackers.
 Melt butter and brown sugar.  Stir until completely mixed.
 Pour buttery mixture over graham crackers.
 Preheat oven to 350 and bake graham crackers for 9-10 minutes/or until bubbly.
 Combine chips and pecans.
 Remove from oven.
 Spread mixture over the top and press into graham crackers.
This has to be done really quickly as the chips will start to melt right away.
 The bars need to dry for at least an hour before they are ready to break apart.
I turned them into treats for my co-workers.
TIPS from Whitney:
Heavy duty foil would be best as my liquidy mixture soaked through 2 layers of reg. foil.
Error on the side of too small a pan rather than too large.
Be sure to evenly coat graham crackers with buttery goo.  
If the crackers stay dry, they won't be as tasty.
Mini chocolate chips might be better than regular sized ones.
You could also add in white or dark chocolate chips.
Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.