Monday, October 6, 2014

Black Bean Quesadillas

 My sis posted a recipe for Black Bean Burriots a few months ago and I had always wanted to try them.  They looked tasty, easy and I almost always have the ingredients on hand.  I ended up with some left over black beans last week so I used her recipe and improvised a bit to make quesadillas.

They were SO tasty!!  
Olive and I both enjoyed this meatless meal.

You'll need:
 1 can black beans
1/2 c your favorite salsa
1 T taco seasoning
 handful of shredded cheddar for each
6-8 soft shells
We added fresh tomatoes, chopped lettuce, salsa & chips.

Puree the black beans, seasoning and salsa.
Pour about a 1/2 cup onto a tortilla in a warm skillet and top with cheese + 2nd tortilla.  Be careful when you flip it because it's a little tricky.  Brown on both sides.  Let it cool a bit and then slice it up.  I made sure not to make mine too spicy so I could share with Olive and I probably would have added chopped jalapenos to mine if it was just for me.

I only made one quesadilla and saved the black bean mixture in the fridge.  I plan to have it for lunch a few times this week.  I prefer to make them fresh each time as opposed to making several and reheating.  They would probably be fine either way.

Hope you enjoy this meatless meal!!

2 comments:

  1. I love all forms of Mexican food that looks delicious! Thanks for linking up on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Whitney! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.