Our week was full of fun Halloween related things and we enjoyed every moment of it. The week flew by and we are really excited to visit with family this weekend. We've never celebrated Halloween at home so it'll be fun to see Olive with family & her little cousins. I'm just hoping and praying the rain stays away from trick-or-treating Saturday evening so we can get out and enjoy the night together.
The best parts of our week were:
1. I made candy corn sugar cookies with Olive. She was thrilled to help with the flour and the rolling out of the cookie dough. She made a mess, it took twice as long, but we had a great time together. She told me they were be-ewww-tiful and de-wish-us so I'd say she's welcome to help me anytime in the kitchen. I also had to hide them once they were done because she would not stop eating them! Glad she likes my cooking :)
2. I picked up some fun Halloween things for Olive to do this week and she loved them. The coloring books and monster lacing cards were from The Dollar Spot, stickers from Meijer, Pez dispenser (which she's convinced is a harmonica that won't work haha) like $0.10 last year on after Halloween clearance and then a bag of her favorite candies. I also found a Halloween book by our favorite author Leslie Patricelli for her at TJ Maxx. Her books are funny, clever and there's so much to talk about on each page. Olive adores them and I want to buy all of her books.
3. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was on the hunt for some new jackets. I didn't want to spend a ton and didn't really want to buy maternity jackets. So I opted to check out what Wal-Mart had in stock for the season and was really pleasantly surprised. Their workout attire is much cuter than you might imagine and I loved this line of jackets. It's a cute fabric with fun details and it's really cozy. Oh and it was $11.96. I'm thinking of getting it in another color. The military jacket was $29.96 and is so warm. Both jackets have hoods which is a MUST for me and I loved the brushed gold details of the jacket. It's flannel lined and I think they'll both be perfect for Fall & Winter. I opted to size up in both jackets so that I'd have some room for my growing bump :)
4. I'm not a huge fan of carving pumpkins. I love the way they look, but didn't really think we were up for carving pumpkins with a toddler. So we picked out pumpkins and painted them. They turned out really cute and we had a great time doing it. Kevin painted faces, I painted stripes and Olive painted swirls.
5. I shared my recipe for Caramel Apple Nachos this week!
They are so tasty and easy to throw together.
Go here to find my recipe and directions
Any fun plans for your weekend?
Hope you have a great Halloween!!