It's been a great week at my house. We are settling into life in Indiana and enjoying some time with our families this week. The best parts of our week were:
1. We have a wonderful neighborhood park just a few minutes from our house and we've already visited it several times. The park has great walking paths, lovely flowers, lakes with turtles, play grounds and lots of shade. Olive loves the little playground so we've walk a lap around the park, stop at the playground for her to play and then walk a second lap. It's been a nice exercise routine for us. The temperatures have been in the 70s and 80s all week so Indiana is sure giving us a warm welcome.
Pure playground joy.
Twinkly eyes for her dad.
I'm thinking Olive's shampoo has been infused with Miracle Grow lately because her hair is growing like crazy!! It's adorable and slightly terrifies me because I'm not such a pro at braiding. Guess I need to start watching some youtube videos stat to improve my toddler hair doing skills.
2. We ordered a pair of wing back recliners and I can't wait for them to arrive in a few weeks. They are comfy, I love the shape of them and when we were placing the order we found out the fabric we selected was called Olive. Our daughter, Olive, approved. She also loved the Christmas in July sale/decorations at the store.
3. We are enjoying lots of local (Terre Haute) restaurants as we are getting settled here. We've eaten at Moggers and they have delicious burgers, pizza, sweet potato fries, potato skins and local beer. Square Donuts did not disappoint with their square donuts. I think the powdered sugar one or the cake donut with sprinkles was my favorite.
4. We moved Kevin into his new office! He's got great lighting, a nice view of the courtyard and it'll be a great workspace for him. He's been busy organizing his books and teaching materials and I've been busy looking for curtains, plants and fun decor to make it more homey. I am hoping to find a great striped curtain or fun/manly pattern to coordinate with the ISU blue wall.
5. You know you are an adult when the sight of new appliances makes you happy! We purchased a brand new washer and dryer and they are so nice. We are really happy with them and it's nice to do laundry in new machines.