Friday, May 28, 2021

The Highlights

 Happy Friday!  Can you believe that we are already wrapping up May??  Spring sure flew by fast this year.  We had a fun week full of smiles and good times.  Let me show you the highlights.

1 // We got to celebrate Olive's birthday with family.  You can read all about it here.  We wore cat ears all week long to go with her kitty theme.


2 // Field Day.  Olive's school wide field day had to be postponed due to weather and it worked out great.  She had the best time.  It had a construction theme and 15 stations to rotate through.  Her PE teacher is an award winning amazing teacher.  I couldn't volunteer because no little siblings were allowed, but a couple of friends sent me these sweet pictures of  Olive.  She had a blast!  I'm thankful for moms who step up and be there when I can't.  It feels good to have a sweet community at her school.


3 // Target.  We don't have a Target in our city so any chance I get to stroll through the aisles at Target make me happy.  I picked up some summer sunnies for the kids, some pjs for the boys and this darling floral rug for my porch.  It's from the Opalhouse line.  I basically love everything the come out with.


4 // Ice Cream Sundae Buffet.  We did this for Olive's birthday party with family last weekend and have been enjoying this yummy mix of toppings all week.

5 // Jordan Bakery Box.  I had a busy week baking cookies for events and I got to cater my first big party.  I made charcuterie cups for a big party and they turned out so great.  I was really proud of them.  I've got a busy Memorial Day weekend of baking and building boxes ahead.


6. You are are special today plate.  We use this plate almost every day.  We rotate who gets it and explain why earned the special plate.  Everyone looks forward to getting it and now that the kids are getting older we are including them in taking a turn to pick who to give the plate to.

7 // Kid Art.  Fletcher brought this home from school and I just love it.  It's him and his view of Summer.  Playing outside with mom in the sunshine and rainbows and at the ocean.  Sounds about right.  It's already hanging up in the house.


8 // Our vegetable garden is growing like crazy.  We're excited to see if we can actually grow some vegetables to enjoy at home.

 Our lavender plants are also growing like crazy.  They smell amazing every time we walk past them and they get a little bigger every year.  We have 3 of them and people always comment on them when they stop by.  I can't wait to make some lavender bouquets to bring inside.

9 // Topher's whiskers were looking extra handsome this week.  Toph turns 12 this Summer and he's such a handsome guy.  He's had a hard year - losing his best friend of 11 years in January - but he's finally back to his nosey, loving self.  He's also the boss of all the cats at our house.  The kittens are trying to slowly win him over one group nap at a time.

10 // I opened my front door to this lovely sight this week.  I had to wake up early to take care of some things and what a lovely sunrise!


11 // Mountain Climbing Leo - he climbs every waking hour of the day and there might be a correlation between his love of climbing and me finding more gray hairs on my head every week.  He's wild!  I found him moving into the Barbie house, on the kid's table in the kitchen and perching himseof on the edge of anything dangerous that he can find.


I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  The kids are on Summer break after school today and we are looking forward to the Indy 500 this weekend as well as remembering all of the brave soldiers who have sacrificed so much for our country on Memorial Day.

Linking up with Momfessionals

3 comments:

  1. "One group nap at a time!"....so funny! It's Teacher Workday for me today, then summer! I am sooooooo ready! What a year! We survived! Have a great weekend! Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a busy girl, my friend! I hope you get to put your feet up this weekend! And happy birthday weekend to our girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on catering and all those delicious cookies. Leo just makes me smile everytime I see his crazy climbing antics. Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.