Wednesday, May 19, 2021

9 Ways to do Taco Tuesday

I have mentioned a few times that I'm sticking with some themes for days when I'm creating my weekly menu.  Taco Tuesday has been a fun one to plan.  I love knowing we're going to have Mexican that night and then I look forward to trying a different variety of tacos each week.

I wanted to come and share some of our favorite ways we've done Taco Tuesday this year.

There's no wrong way to do tacos in my book.  I could probably eat tacos multiple times a week and be thrilled.  Same thing with my whole family.

Let's get started!

1 //  Beef & Bean Taco Salad

I cooked meat with black beans and added taco seasoning.  Then we added all the taco toppings to a bed of lettuce and then salsa and salsa mixed with sour cream for dressing.  It was so good for dinner and just as delicious as leftovers.


2 // Baked Tacos

Fill soft taco shells with your favorite meat/cheese/pepper/onion combo, top with cheese and bake.  Then serve them with all the yummy toppings.  These reheat really well.

3// Make Fresh Salsa

Make a delicious pico or Cowboy Caviar to add to your regular tacos.  I love this on top of chicken or ground beef tacos.  Here's my recipe Fresh Avocado Salsa that is another yummy option.

4 //  Build Your Own Taco Bar

This takes a little more work to set up, but is really fun for your family or guests.  If I put this on the menu, I try to chop up all the toppings in the afternoon.  That way dinner doesn't take long to pull together in the evening.

5 // Soft Tacos

This is my easy button way to do tacos.  I try to always keep soft tacos on hand and they're great leftover.  Have you tried the squeeze sour cream yet?  It is AMAZING.  You can just squeeze out what you need for tacos or baking or potatoes and it lasts so much longer than the tubs of sour cream.

6 // Chicken Nachos

We like shredded chicken nachos with all the toppings.  The kids prefer just meat and cheese.  And I've found that if you serve them like this, they feel just like restaurant nachos.  Be sure to spray your pan with nonstick spray first.  That'll save you a lot of scrubbing later.

7 // Taco Pizzas

Give everyone a big soft taco shell.  Add toppings on top and slice like a pizza.  It's easy to do for dinner and great leftover.


8 // Ground Beef Nachos

We love the multi-grain Tostito Scoops so I used those for nachos this night.  They turned out great.  All the toppings on the grown up side and meat and cheese for the kids.


9 // Taquitos

We have also been known to hit the easy button on Taco Tuesday and just bake some frozen Taquitos.  The kids like them and they're also our go to babysitter dinner :)  This is our favorite brand and flavor.


Which one of these would your family love for your next Taco Tuesday?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm with you - there can never be too many tacos in one week. :) I also like to do chicken quesadillas with leftover rotisserie chicken. I take those to work (just a tortilla, chicken and cheese) and cook it in the toaster oven at the office. It makes them crispy and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Tacos in our house and use any excuse to have a fiesta!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.