Friday, May 7, 2021

3 Things

Happy Friday!!  I hope you've had a great week.  I had the hardest time keeping track of the days this week.  It went slow and then fast and now it's almost the weekend.

I'm changing it up a bit today.  Here are 3 of our favorite things from each of us for my Friday recap.



Whitney //

1. Jordan Bakery Box - Business is booming!  I made 12 individual charcuterie box lunches this week, am building 22 I love you berry much Mother's Day boxes this weekend.  Plus baking cookies and bread.  It feels good to be sharing something I love - good food and charcuterie and baked goods - with people in my community.  You can follow me on IG @jordanbakerybox or on Facebook to see pictures of all the boxes I'm putting together.

2. Every Mother's Day weekend we head to the local garden centers and pick out all the flowers for my flower pots.  I love picking out pretty flowers with the kid and look forward to this weekend every year.  The weather looks pretty rainy this weekend so I'm hoping we can squeeze in a flower shopping trip at some point.

3. My local mom's group hosted a spring party at the park this week.  We gave the kids bubbles, sidewalk chalk, buckets with shovels, popsicles and a scavenger hunt.  It was lots of fun!

   

 


Kevin //

1. He's excited for golf season to be here.  He's playing in the league at our country club and he's got a few golf events on his calendar.  And he has big plans to golf with the big kids this season. 

2. His semester is almost done and he's ready for Summer.

3. He is loving his new car.  He got a Kia Telluride a few months ago and it's so nice.  The whole family fits in it comfortably with room to spare and it drives so nice.  It's a really sharp looking car.  It's got tons of cool features, a 3rd row, captain seats, rides really nicely and he gives it a 10/10.

 


Olive //

1. She's thrilled to be turning 8 this month.  Her birthday wish list is almost done and she's having a blast planning the details of her party.

2. She has mixed feelings about the school year ending.  She's excited for Summer, but will miss her friends and going to school.

3. Reading is her favorite.  She has a library corner set up in her room and a long list of books she can't wait to read.

 

Fletcher //

1. He's sad that his school year is coming to an end.  He'll miss his teachers and his friends.  He is going to a new school next year and was just getting into a good routine of going to school.

2. He is a foodie.  He loves to bake, cook, eat out and have delicious meals.  We've got big plans to check out a new grilled cheese food truck in town.  He helped me bake brownies this week, licked the bowl and looked like this.  haha

3. He's a people person.  He memorizes people's names, says bye to everyone in his class by name at pick up time and anytime we go for a walk he shouts hello to any neighbors that are outside.  He is a chatty guy who enjoys making new friends.  It comes super naturally to him and it's fun to see.

 

Leo //

1. He's ready to climb anything and wants to be on the go.  He has no sense of danger and needs a bodyguard for all of his waking hours.

2. Leo is figuring out his sleep!  It's not perfect, but he's napping 2 hours a day in the middle of the day, going to bed around 7:45 every night, waking up once lately and then waking up for the day between 7-7:30.  We only had one hard night this past week which feels like a major victory.

3. He's very serious.  He stares everyone down when we are out and about.  He saves all his smiles for family or for when we're at home.  


I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day weekend!  I'll be building charcuterie boxes like crazy today and tomorrow and then resting on Mother's Day.  See you back here on Monday!

Linking up with Momfessionals

8 comments:

  1. Love Kevin’s new car - every time I see one on the road I think how nice those look :) Love this format for a Friday and hearing everyone’s faves from the week. Great job on JBB for the week and weekend! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that pic of your family at the park! We're a Kia family and I can attest to how great they are - I've been driving their smaller SUV for a couple years and I can't imagine having anything else. Thanks for sharing your highlights with us! I love seeing your JBB progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that new car! What a fun format for Friday favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post. Happy Mother’s Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our baby boys are so similar!! We are JUST getting into a good groove for sleep, although I'm almost afraid to say it, haha! Our little guy has been waking 1 or 2 times at night (but I am almost sleeping through the night because he does a stretch from 1130p-6a) and he's napping 1.5-3 hours in the afternoon. Hallelujah, right?!

    Can't believe Olive will be 8!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for your business! Wish I were local. :) I have heard the Telluride is THE hot car right now and they can't keep them in stock. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whitney. I just love you and your amazing family. Have the BEST Mother’s Day weekend! You are one of the most thoughtful, intentional, kind, caring moms I know💛

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just ordered a Telluride!! With our kids being bigger now and not needing me to climb in to get them all belted in, we thought an SUV was the way to go. We're really excited to get it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.