Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Dreamy Fairy Garden

Our fairy garden is done!  We said when May 1st hit, we'd start working on it.  We pack it up every Fall and then anxiously await Spring to bring everything back out.

We started creating our fairy garden back in 2018 and it's grown a bit every year since.  The kids love setting it up with me and they play with the fairies and gnomes regularly.  We added lots of new things, expanded the footprint of it and put all of the finishing touches on it this week.  We planted shade loving impatiens in several pots.  The kids LOVED setting up all the different fairy and gnome neighborhoods.  I think it's our best one yet.  Let me give you a tour.

Welcome to our Dreamy Backyard Fairy Garden.

We added a rock perimeter to define the space and I let the kids decide which greenery to keep and which to trim back.  They loved the idea of fairy and creature hide outs throughout.  Reminds me a lot of Gnomeo and Juliet.

I'll do my best to remember all the neighborhood names the kids made up.

Imagination City filled with unicorns, fairies and flowers.

Sleepy city is a good place to relax, do yoga and catch a nap.

The watering can fills the gnome pool below.  I'm currently on the hunt for Dollar Tree clear marbles to fill up this pool :)  Mushroom city.

Farm town, Restaurant Ridge, and lots of hideouts to keep the gnomes and fairies safe.

The seashell sidewalks are one of my favorite features.  Do you notice the gray kitty in the top right corner?  We added that this year in memory of our cat Oliver that passed away back in January.

Flower Farms.

The masterminds behind our 2021 fairy garden.

We love hanging out in our backyard.  Leo is eager to keep up with the big kids!  Everything is turning so green and really growing.

Do you have a good fairy garden spot at your house?

We've had great luck collecting fairy garden pieces at Dollar Tree, Dollar General Hobby Lobby, Tuesday Morning, Meijer and other misc places.  If you are wanting to start a fairy garden right now, your best bet to find supplies is at Dollar General.

If your kids love gnomes, we'd highly recommend Gnomeo & Juliet and Sherlock Gnomes.  My kids thought Gnome Alone was scary.

 

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! I would have loved this when I was a kid, for sure (I'm a big fan of Gnomeo and Juliet, too). Love all the neighborhoods, the gnome pool and your sweet tribute to Oliver. Also...my neighbor has a similar kitty figurine in her yard and I've lost count of the times I thought it was a real cat over the years. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go you guys! Best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest thing ever!!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.