Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Day Recap

How was your Mother's Day weekend?

Ours was mixed - busy, lovely weather, yucky weather, fun and low key.  Overall, it all added up to a nice weekend with the normal highs and lows of life.  We squeezed in many of my favorite Mother's Day traditions - like dress up for a picture with mom - and I'm thankful to call myself mom of this crew.


Kevin surprised me with a pretty grocery store bouquet of flowers.  I loved the hot pink roses + blue hydrangeas.  We used to have blue hydrangea bushes when we lived in Mississippi so they always remind me of that house.

 

The kids came home from school with some sweet gifts - hand painted flower filled flower pot from Fletcher, cute surveys and sweet cards + kid art.




I built 22 I love you berry much! Mother's Day charcuterie boxes.  They turned out so cute and I was really happy to hear that people loved them.  This was my biggest holiday order and many people bought them as gift to give away.  It was fun (and tiring with all that chopping!)

My favorite Mother's Day tradition is heading to the garden center with the whole family to pick out my flowers for all my pots.  I buy all annuals.  I have favorite must haves - like impatiens for my shady deck and sweet potato vines.  Then I let the kids help me pick out anything that catches their eye.  We ended up with several new things and a really beautiful assortment from Meijer this year.

We also had a full on meltdown because Fletcher got a giant splinter.  I got it right out, but then there was blood, and tears and just know that there is always some chaos behind the scenes of these happy smiling pictures :)

The weather was pretty chilly all weekend so we are saving the planting to do later this week when it warms up. 

We did some organizing in the kid's rooms and then they made blanket forts. The kittens were thrilled.

I introduced the kids to Nutella.  They LOVED it.

We watched The Mitchells vs The Machines.  It was cute!  The big kids loved it.

And all of that with a mix of regular mom duties like packing lunches.

What was the highlight of your Mother's Day weekend?


2 comments:

  1. What a fun day! I love that your little business is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a good Mother's Day. The weather was yucky here too. Those flowers are pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.