Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Fletcher's Birthday at Home

We had a quiet, low key birthday at home for Fletcher yesterday.  Fletcher is thrilled to finally be 5.  He woke up with a giant smile on his face ready to open gifts and do whatever he wanted for the day.  I wrapped his gifts in his favorite color.

I made a dinner charcuterie board with all of his favorite foods.  You should have seen his face. He LOVED it.  Bite sized grilled cheese #5, his favorite meats and cheeses, ranch dip, Doritos and more.

 

Growing up, we always woke up early and opened our gifts so we do the same with our kids.  Everyone was sleepy and excited.  When do your kids open gifts??

Fletcher got a military plane, a new boy Barbie, Nerf gun, a new Play-Doh set, a big shark for the pool, a new monster truck and his own set of golf clubs and wiffle balls for practice.  He was so proud of them.  He can't wait to golf with Kevin.





The kids played all morning and then I made him a lunch of 5s.  5 of each of his favorite foods.  I started this tradition when Olive was tiny.  It's such an easy way to make the birthday boy or girl feel special.


We got Culvers for dinner.  He requested the works - cheeseburger with fries AND cheese curds.  And a Square Donut cake for his birthday treat.  He's got good taste!



 

I'm signing off for the rest of the week.  The kids are on Spring Break and I need a break :)  I'll be back next week to recap our week and our Easter.  Happy Easter to you!  I hope you get to celebrate with the people you love.

3 comments:

  1. So much fun! He looks like he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Fletcher. Looks like he had a good one. I love me some Culver's, especially the cheese curds.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.