Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Knock Off PBK Easter Baskets

I can't be the only one who's had their eye on fancy Easter baskets from Pottery Barn Kids.  They're so pretty and so pricey.  I always look at them, but can never justify the price tag.

For me to get 3 personalized PBK Easter baskets for my kids, it would cost me $175.50!!!

That's a large Easter basket, liner and personalization for each child.  Some sizes are on sale right now, but not the large size I was wanting.  I just cannot justify spending that kind of money on something my kids will use once a year.

I was determined to replicate the look for much less this year.

I wanted all three kids to have matching Easter baskets.  I kept an eye out at my local stores for classic looking Easter baskets.  Walmart didn't have many options, TJ Maxx did not have three of the same kind and Meijer came through for me.

I found these baskets for $9.99 each!  That was the full price.  I'd imagine they'll eventually go on sale, but I could not risk them selling out while I waited.  Holiday stuff goes fast!  These baskets came in dark brown, white, mint and pink.  I went with white for the boys and pink for Olive.  The look very similar and have a fold down handle just like the PBK baskets.  They are close enough to be a dupe for me.

Next, I went on the hunt for letters to personalize our baskets.  Meijer did not have any sets that worked with an O, F and L.  Amazon only sold full alphabets.  Walmart had just what I needed for $1.08.  Burlap letters seemed perfect for Spring and that price was great!

My entire project cost me $34 and I'm thrilled with the finished baskets.


These burlap letters are in the raw wood section of the craft department at Walmart.  Wouldn't they be so cute on a wreath or a bunting?  I intended to buy wooden letters and paint them.  Then I found the new burlap letter option and my mind was changed on the spot.

 

I used hot glue and twine to make these letters just what I wanted.  I cut three strings the exact same length so all the letter tags would hang the same.  I also put the dot of glue in about the same spot at the top of every letter.  Let them cool and dry for 15 minutes.  They tied onto the baskets so easily.




Our baskets are personalized and ready to be filled with Easter goodies.


I'm starting to collect things for the kid's Easter baskets.  Stay tuned for an Easter basket idea post in the next week or so.  Happy DIYing!
 

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute!! I love when I can replicate something expensive for a fraction of the price. I love Dollar Tree, but I always think their Easter baskets look so tacky and cheap. These are so classic and look like they'll last a long time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I purchased my kids PBK baskets when they were babies and they used them until they didn't hunt eggs anymore. However, I do leave their "Easter Bunny" gifts in them now!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.