Monday, April 5, 2021

Easter Weekending

I hope you had a Happy Easter!  We celebrated at home like we always do.  It's nice to have a holiday where we do not travel and get to enjoy our traditions.  We went to the Bunny Brunch at our country club, dyed eggs, made lots of yummy food at home, hunted eggs twice and ended the weekend with pie.  It's back to school and reality today.

I sold 18 Easter Charcuterie boxes!!  This was my biggest holiday yet and everyone raved about them!  I loved building boxes for friends and neighbors.  I thought the boxes turned out so cute.

Bunny Brunch //

When you realize that you've got enough teeth to chow down at the brunch this year.

 
Leo was very serious about meeting the Easter Bunny.  It's technically his second Easter, but there were no Easter bunnies to meet this time last year when he was just a couple days old.  He kept looking at his big eyes and feeling his fur.  He was fine until...

We had Olive and Fletcher jump in the picture.  Then he lost it.  It was adorable and sad and only lasted a few seconds.


We headed outside for the egg hunt.

The weather was a little chilly, but the sun was shining and we were happy.  It really was so nice to be back doing some of our favorite holiday traditions.  This time last year everything was cancelled, at a stand still and so many question marks surrounded everything.


A friend snapped this picture of me.  Proof that Leo forgave me for making him sit on the bunny's lap.

We came home and dyed eggs.  Our kit was a really good one this year.


I set up Easter baskets for all the kids after they went to bed - a new book, PEZ, bubbles, new pjs, stuffed bunnies, candy, bendy bunnies, etc. 

Easter Morning //

Everyone was up bright and early.  Leo also decided that this weekend he'd start walking!  He's our earliest walker and he is getting more confident in his walking every hour.  He's also getting into more and more trouble every hour.  We found him sitting on top of my desk shortly after this.

We made Resurrection rolls for breakfast.  I set everything up and the kids made them.  They were our best ones yet.  They're such a good visual of the Easter story and resurrection.


I put together a quick egg carton Easter lunch for the kids.


The Easter bunny stopped by our house.  Leo was fine getting 1-2 eggs and calling it good.  He really just wanted to shake them.

Fletcher was really competitive.

Olive was determined to find the most.

We ate loads of Easter candy, wore bunny ears and played outside.

My Easter table turned out so pretty this year.  The food was delicious, I love using my grandma's vintage dishes and the kids loved the bunny napkin rings.

I made Derby pie for the adults.  Kevin said it was my best one ever.

The kids aren't big pie fans so they had Bunny Sundaes all weekend.

I hope you had a nice Easter!  We were hoping to make it to church this year, but our church is still being super strict.  Tickets were required and it all felt very complicated.  Hopefully next year going to church on Easter will feel normal and easy again.

What was the best part of your Easter?

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Loved your pics- you’re so good at documenting! Little Leo was sooo precious on the bunny’s lap! And big hive fives on the charcuterie boxes!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.