Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  We've been busy so this week just flew by for me.  It also helped that we've got fun plans to celebrate Fletcher's birthday a little early this weekend.

The best parts of our week were:

1. Spring Plates

I ran into Hobby Lobby to grab a few things and found myself wandering through the Spring aisles.  Everything was 40% off.  Did you know they're no longer offering the 40% off one item coupons???  I feel like I'll need to be more strategic about shopping their sales.  Anyways, I couldn't pass up these pretty plates.  They're melamine and I got a set of 5 of each.  Won't they be so fun for Spring/Summer deck dinners??  And with friends!?!?

2. Date Night

We had some last minute babysitter changes, but thankfully were still able to go on our scheduled date night.  It had been a while and we were both eager to get out by ourselves.  We grabbed some coffee, did some organizing work in Kevin's office and then headed out to dinner.  It was wonderful!  Great food and good times together.  Leo did pretty well despite having a melt down when we left.  And the big kids always love having their babysitters come over and play.

3. My Parents Came to Town

Mimi & Papaw came up to visit.  The weather was lovely so we went for a walk, played outside and got a few projects done around the house.

4. Utz Hoops Mix

My mom introduced us to this yummy snack mix.  It's got basketball shaped pretzels in it and the yummiest combo of chips/salty snacks.  We'd highly recommend it just in time for March Madness.

5. Park Days

The weather has been mostly wonderful in Indiana lately.  We've been going on family walks, walking to the park and going to the park with friends.  Yay for Spring!  Olive & Fletcher keep working on their tree climbing skills and Leo got to try out the swings at the park this time.  He also figured out that he loves our backyard tree house.  Slides are super fun :)




6. Push Car

This blue push car was Fletcher's and now it's sweet to see Leo loving it.  I think he'd ride it in for HOURS if someone would push him.  Leo also discovered frisbees this week.  The big kids were too busy running around playing with neighbors to stop for a picture.



7. Leo the 11 Month Old

I am in denial that Leo will be one next month.  Where did my tiny baby go??  Well, he was never tiny, but you get the right idea.  He's growing up so fast.

8. Sports

Olive is playing basketball this Spring.  She is SO EXCITED about it.  She's got practice once a week and then 1-2 games a week.  It's fun to see her trying something new.

We signed both O + F up for swimming lessons once a week.  It's going great and they both look forward to it.  I love doing Spring swimming lessons to get them ready for Summer swimming.

9. New Easter Baskets

The kids got new matching Easter baskets this year.  I added their initial tags and can't wait to fill them with cute things for Spring.

10. Real Mom Moment

Remember at the beginning of the year when I said I was going to focus on my health??  That has meant making no excuses about check ups and doctor visits.  I took Leo with my to my asthma appointment (he did great) and both boys with me for another appointment.  They both did so well.  It's not always easy or fun for them to tag along, but I want them to know that their Mom takes good care of herself!


Happy Friday!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Momfessionals

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they're still making the push cars, because they are so convenient and my daughter loved her pink one. Of course, that was about fifteen years ago. I remember her first Halloween, we pushed her through the neighborhood in hers. Enjoy these Mama Moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those strawberry plates!!! I personally choose not to shop at Hobby Lobby, but boy are those tempting!!!!! Glad you are enjoying the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Easter baskets you made - just as cute as the ones from Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those plates are adorable!!! I haven't been to Hobby Lobby in forever. I'm glad you were able to go out on your date night. I've been trying to enjoy the nicer weather around me too. I just need it to stay!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just text BEn that we need a date night ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.