Thursday, October 17, 2013

Road Trip to Memphis

Memphis, TN is about 2 hours away from Little Rock so my hubby decided we should go for a quick overnight trip to explore the city a bit.  I'd been there before with my parents to see the zoo, Graceland and the Peabody Hotel but I'm always up for a road trip.

We packed up the car with just a few bags and headed East.  Kevin did all the driving and navigating and I was in charge of keeping Olive happy in the back seat.  Luckily, car rides usually put her to sleep so my job was pretty easy.  We had dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, checked into our hotel and relaxed.  

We woke up the next morning ready to go and see the city.
We started out at the Cotton Museum downtown
 Olive was intrigued by everything that was on display.
We learned a lot about the history, importance and story behind cotton in the South.


 We listened to videos on the history of cotton in the South.
Olive was very interested... in her toes.
 We checked out the children's museum section and Kevin was teaching Olive all about cotton.

Then we strolled along Main Street and the weather was perfect.

Drove past Sun Studios where Elvis got his start

and ended the day with some local BBQ.
 BBQ chicken quesadilla for me
 Pulled pork, sweet potato fries and potato salad for Kevin.

Thanks for a good time, Memphis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.