Monday, October 7, 2013

Easy Pom Pom Bow

I thought I'd share one of my favorite ways to make a bow for gifts.
It's easy, doesn't smash or lose its shape and it's a little unusual.

 Buy yarn to match your favorite wrapping paper.
I bought a GIANT roll of this reversible paper at Sams a few years ago 
so I bought yarn that would match both sides.

Cut one long piece of yard to tie like this and then knot it.
 Start a new piece of yarn and wrap it around your hand a ton of  times.  
The more you wrap it, the fuller your pom pom will be.
 Take your scissors and cut along one side of the wrapped yarn.
 Lay cut yarn on the yarn you knotted.
 Tie long pieces of yarn from your package into two knots in the middle of the cut yarn.
 Fluff it up and trim any pieces that are too long.
 Voila! A fun bow that is inexpensive and colorful.

WARNING: This DIY project will drive you cats n-u-t-s!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.