Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sandwich Cookies

I've seen & eaten a lot of sandwich cookies lately.
Mint Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies
They inspired me to make my own
after I got my favorite PB cookie recipe from a co-worker.

 1/2 c shortening
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/8 t salt

FILLING:
1/2 c peanut butter
1 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
1/2 t vanilla
3-4 T milk

Cream together sugars, shortening & butter.
Add in eggs, vanilla and flour mixture.

Use a cookie scoop to scoop out same sized dough balls.
Use a fork to make the tradional PB pattern on the top of the cookies.
Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.
Let cool on the cookie sheet.

Let cookies cool completely and then assemble.
Kevin said these were his favorite cookies of all time.
I think I'd add more flour (ie high elevation in UT)
and make them a little smaller next time.
They were great the day of and the next day.

3 comments:

  1. Those look A-Maz-Ing! I wonder how they would be with a fudgy filling? Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yummy and Kevin keeps asking me to make them again. I think you couldn't go wrong with a fudgy filling. Maybe you should try it out and see if they resemble your fave E L Fudge cookies??

      Delete
  2. Sandwich cookies - twice the fun with only half the guilt!! We loved having you link up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to have you back again soon!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.