Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Look Back at 2011

Here's a look back at what we were up to in 2011...
JANUARY:
I'm thankful that Utah has eliminated the majority of art teachers in the schools
because that means I can do TONS of fun art with my kids!!
I'm lucky to see this amazing scenery out my window each day.
FEBRUARY:
One of my students let us have their 3rd row tickets for a Jazz game vs. the Celtics :)

MARCH:
We went to St. George for the weekend and hiked all through Zion National Park. 
 APRIL:
-I went home for my Spring Break.
Good thing God helped my plane to land safely in Evansville that night
because I wasn't sure I was going to survive the 90 minute aerial show
that my plane was doing through the storms. 
-I also had an eye infection that lasted for WEEKS
but luckily got cleared up so I could get back to my contacts.
 MAY:
No more glasses for Kevin!
PRK surgery was a BIG success.
 I got the ball rolling and starting making my first accessories. 
Earrings first with flower pins to follow.
 JUNE:
Kevin got a new Honda Insight.
 We vacationed with the Jordans in Destin, FL.
I started blogging!
Polka-Dotty Place
JULY:
Road trip!
I can't say enough about how much we LOVE LOVE LOVED this trip!
 The Badlands in SD

 Mt. Rushmore
Black Hills
Deadwood, SD
 AUGUST:
Road trip to Memphis, TN with my parents
Graceland
 Met pandas and polar bears at the zoo!
 Toured the Peabody Hotel and saw the famous ducks!

I began my 8th year of teaching in UT.
SEPTEMBER:
We went to Notre Dame for the opening game.
We sweat our brains out in 100 degree weather at the start of the game, got drenched around half time, evacuated the entire stadium multiple times due to lightening and storms
and then ended up losing to South Florida... Go Irish :/

After living in Utah for 7 years, we finally made it to the state fair.
 OCTOBER:
30th Birthday Cruise to Key West & Mexico.
NOVEMBER: 
DECEMBER:
A good time was had by all!
Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.