Friday, January 20, 2012

Apple Crisp

I've been looking out for healthy alternatives to some of my favorite desserts.
My husband and I both love any type of apple crisp.
I found this healthy version that is delish!
You'll need:
3-4 apples (any type will do).  I used Granny Smith.
1/8 c fresh squeezed lemon
1/8c fresh squeezed orange
2 T your favorite preserves. I used raspberry/boysenberry jam.
6 T quick cooking oats
2 T flour
4 T sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 1/2 T melted butter
 Core, peel and slice apples
 Combine preserves, apples, and fruit juice.
 Mix all.
 Mix all dry ingredients and melted butter in a separate bowl.
 Put apple mix in 8 x 8 pan and top with crumble mixture.
 Bake 45-60 minutes covered.
 Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.