Monday, January 12, 2015

Would You WASH Your Kate Spade??

I've confessed my love for my Kate Spade diaper bag before,
but I've found a new reason to love it even MORE!!

 It's WASHABLE!!
I read mixed reviews on-line about how washable Kate Spade diaper bags were, but I'm here to tell you that machine washing your diaper bag is just fine.  I have the bag that's specifically designed to be a diaper bag so I can't speak for how well their other bags wash.

I noticed that something (likely juice) had spilled in my bag and there was a weird tinted stain about halfway up the bag all the way around it.  Since my bag has a white background, it was very obvious.  I felt so sad because I felt like there wasn't anything to do when I realized the stain couldn't be wiped off.

The stain didn't photograph very well, but you can see a brownish line through the middle of the pictures.  It went all the way around the bag and was definitely noticeable in the daylight.

I gave the stain situation some thought and realized that I could try to machine was my bag.  I figured that there really wasn't any harm since it was already stained.  I removed everything from the bag... even some Christmas tree pine needles?!?! - and put it through a regular washing cycle with a little detergent.  I pulled it out of the washer and was immediately impressed!!

 I'm currently letting it air dry, but the bag looks BRAND NEW!!
I have carried in nearly every day for 20 months and it's definitely one of my favorite bags.  I never carried a purse for this long so I think it's safe to say that my love for Kate Spade has currently been multiplied by 100!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've seen your diaper bag before - I love that print! Glad it worked out in the wash!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.