Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hello Friday!

Hello Friday!  This short week flew by and we are excited to have a fun adventure planned for the weekend... think coast bound!! 

1. I did a lot of cooking this week and we ate lots of great food.  I shared the recipe for Texas Sheet Cake and for 10 Layer Baked Nacho Dip.  Both were delicious and the nacho dip would be the perfect thing to take to all those Super Bowl parties coming up.
 

2. I was running low on my usual Mary Kay foundation/concealer that I've used for YEARS so I decided to see what all the hype was about and order some bareMinerals makeup.  I picked out colors on-line (because who wants to go to a makeup store with a toddler??) and they promptly arrived at my door from Sephora just a few days later.  I have been wearing my new makeup for a few days and I LOVE IT!!  It's so light and the perfect color.  I'll wear it for a while longer before I give my final verdict on it, but early indicators are AMAZING!!  Do you wear bareMinerals??

3.The weather in Mississippi was GORGEOUS this week.  The temps were pleasant, the sun was out and we spent a lot of time outdoors enjoying temps in the 60s.  We went for walks, played in the backyard and even had a surprise lunch date one day.  Olive was thrilled with all the time outdoors.

4.  I started reading Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist and LOVE it.  It's so inspiring and I'm finding myself underlining and taking notes throughout the whole book.  I'm about 75 pages in and so far this book is great!!

5. I had a Kohl's gift card that I was eager to spend so I picked up a few new wreaths for my front door.  The yellow one for March and the purple one for April.  They were both half off and I had a coupon so they were a great deal.  I realize it's snowing or freezing where many of you live, but I'm getting the feeling that Spring/Summer aren't too far off in Mississippi so I want to be prepared.

Hope you have a great weekend!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog.


13 comments:

  1. Oooo wreaths half off at Khols? Nice!! I still have our pine wreath from Costco hanging on our door. It's still winter! :) And the nice weather this week was so glorious! Lots of sunshine!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those wreaths! The yellow is my favorite :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texas sheet cake was a favorite of mine growing up. I haven't had it in years! We enjoyed the warmer weather this week too. My almost 8 month old loves going on walks. You got some great wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to make a Texas Sheet Cake soon! I haven't had one since mom made one for my birthday! I have Valentines cookies on my brain right now...
    I've heard good things about your new makeup! I have been using a mineral powder too and I'm impressed with how well it covers. When I run out of my MAC I may try the Bare Minerals! I

    ReplyDelete
  5. So...I've been wearing bare minerals for almost 10 years!! I LOVE it as much as the day I started wearing it! Incredible! Love those wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wreaths! Visiting from Five on Friday! Thanks for sharing those recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wreaths! I need to get something for my front door - it's been bare since I took down the Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That food looks amazing and I am so jealous of your 60's temps. It's snowing and icing in Virginia right now. :( It's never too early to welcome Spring, love those wreaths!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely do a review on the makeup!! I have heard good things about it, and think I might make the switch too.

    Enjoy the warm weather for us! :) Spring isn't too far off, right?! Hopefully :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the wreaths, and now I'm craving Texas sheet cake!! Can't wait for the makeup review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great week of cooking! The cake looks so good!!
    Thanks for linking up with me!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read Cold Tangerines - I have heard good things! I love your wreaths! We have a fall wreath, a christmas wreath and then a January - September wreath. I think it's time for some more choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those wreaths are beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing the 10 layer nacho dip recipe. It was a huge hit at our house. Thanks for linking up to H54F!

    Della@Della Devoted
    delladevoted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.