Thursday, January 22, 2015

#1 Carpet Cleaner Recipe

Carpet cleaners can be expensive and we seem to go through them really quickly with 2 pets, 1 kid and 2 adults wandering through our house.  My dad was always the carpet cleaner when we were growing up (glamorous title - right??) so I asked him if he had any carpet cleaning tips recently when I was dealing with a big mess.

He shared his favorite cleaner recipe with me and it worked so well!!
It put my expensive cleaners to shame.
I figured you might be able to use it at your house, too.

One part Oxiclean + 3 parts warm water
That's all folks!

I filled a bow full of my carpet cleaning mixture, grabbed an old washcloth and got scrubbing.  The stains disappeared with only a little scrubbing, there wasn't a harsh chemical smell like other carpet cleaners have and my rugs and carpets looked new again.
I let it all dry overnight and everything still looked great in the morning.

Hope you can give this a try on any pesky stains you have at your house.

2 comments:

  1. awesome! thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oxyclean! We use the spray to get it out of Olivia's clothes. It works so well! We used it on carpets in college when we would try to avoid getting those fines when moving out of apartments. :l

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.