Thursday, January 8, 2015

Our Backyard

Our backyard was a major highlight when we were looking to buy a house.  It was the perfect size, had already been landscaped and fenced and was private.  It's charming and a really enjoyable place to hang out.

Olive has slowly been acquiring new toys to entertain herself and she is thrilled to get to play outside.  We've played outside ever since July when the weather was nice.
Enjoy a random collection of backyard photos.


 This is the face that Olive makes e.v.e.r.y. time an airplane flies over our backyard which is frequently :)


 We also have some "wild" neighbor hood cats that like to drop in for a visit.  It's all fine and dandy until someone steps in cat poop.  When you don't have outdoor pets and step in poop in your backyard, you say curse words in your head.
See this guy up on the roof??



 Olive's got some pretty sweet basketball moves.

 A blur of fun times :)

We had a lot of fun out there in late summer.



I'd love to add some new plants and flowers, find a patio table and chair set and maybe a few new water toys for Olive this summer.  We will probably need to look into tiki torches and citronella candles because the bugs in Mississippi are NO JOKE!!  I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for good deals in the coming months and keep you posted.

Any tips on where to find affordable outdoor furniture??

2 comments:

  1. Ahah! That airplane face is priceless! Adorable pics! The one thing I wish our house had was better outdoor living space! Glad you can make good use of yours! Jealous!
    Carylee | more pieces of me
    Enter the $225 Nordstrom Giveaway HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her airplane face! We had cats for years so we always had to look for cat poop everywhere..I always hated when I mowed and ran over it..then I had to smell it the rest of the time. Gross! Sounds like you have a great outdoor area & I like your ideas for next year. I am totally wishing I could enjoy the outdoors right about now, but it's unbearable! Good ol Indiana weather! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.