Saturday, July 28, 2012

Vintage Gold Chairs

I mentioned earlier that our friends moved this week.
Well we just happened to be down at their house helping pack
and stumbled upon some treasure!

They were loading there truck and there were realizing that it was filling up too quickly.
They decided they were going to have to get rid of some of these chairs.
They had a bunch so two would need to go.
I saw them heading for the curb and I jumped in.
I said I'd love to have them if they were junking them.
Really?!?!
Take them home!!
So I started heading to our car with the chairs.
My husband said, "What are those for?  Not for us..."
Well much to his surprise they were for us!
We loaded both up and I assured him that we'd find the perfect spot for them.
*He later told me that he thought I was going to try to make some jewelry out of them.
I'm crafty but not that crafty :)

We brought them home and the boys loved them!!
Yes, Oliver, I know it's shocking!!

 We put one in the bedroom

 The 2nd in the family room.
 I'd been keeping my eyes peeled at local thrift shops for chairs just like these
so I was beyond excited to be gifted these.
I'm thinking maybe in the future I'll paint the wooden part of the chairs
but for now they are staying like this.

Linking up with Mandy @

1 comment:

  1. Mom will be so happy when I get up the courage to show her:) They look great there! Especially the one in the bedroom. What was Kevin thinking?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.