Monday, October 24, 2022

Homemade Italian breadsticks & Italian Nachos

I made the yummiest dinner last week and my family loved it!  I got the idea to combine two dishes to make a semi homemade Italian meal.  Kevin and I love the Italian Nachos and the kids always love bread sticks.  I didn't want to go to the trouble of making homemade so I have a trick for you to make easy bread sticks at home.

 

Italian Bread sticks:

Ingredients:

1 can of pizza dough

garlic salt

grated Parmesan cheese

your favorite marinara sauce

 

Directions: Remove the dough from packaging but don't unroll it.  Slice it into 6-7 circles.  Unroll them and twist them.  Lay them on a greased baking sheet.  Sprinkle them generously with garlic salt and parmesan cheese.  Bake for 9-10 minutes or until golden brown.

My kids loved the seasoning so I could have easily done double the amount of seasoning on top.  You could brush them with melted butter.  I didn't because my kids don't love melty messy butter on things.  We dipped them in marinara.



 Think nachos + pizza and you get Italian Nachos!

 

Italian Nachos:

chopped turkey pepperoni

turkey sausage crumbles - we love the Jimmy Dean fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles.

shredded mozzarella cheese

sliced black olives

pepperoncini peppers

tortilla chips

your favorite marinara

Directions:

Line your baking pan with tortilla chips.  Sprinkle on half of the cheese, meat and olives.  Then do the rest of the cheese.  Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Then add on the pepperoncinins while it cools.  Serve with your favorite marinara.  They're so good!

These would be perfect for game day gatherings or a yummy dinner at home!


Would your crew enjoy the bread sticks or the nachos?

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good, Whitney! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Italian nachos and those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.