Friday, October 7, 2022

Friday Favorites

Hey Friends!  I hope you've had a great first week of October.  It's been a good one here.  We had fall festivals, lunch with friends, Bible study, outings and it really feels like Fall in the Midwest now that we've gone apple picking and the leaves are changing!  Hooray!

My favorite moments of the week were:

1 // Fall Fest

We are working hard to discover new favorite traditions in the Evansville area with our family.  The Fall Fest is a huge Fall tradition here so we gave it a try.  The kids loved the games, the food and Kevin and Fletcher enjoyed the Ferris wheel.  We aren't huge fair people - you won't find us there every night - but we will look forward to going once to enjoy a night at the fair.

They had a really cool view of the entire street festival below.



We ate funnel cakes, apple cider slushies, chocolate covered strawberries and scoped out some yummy options to try next year.  I'm looking at you Pulled Pork Parfait, Pronto Pup and elephant ears.


Stuffed animals are king at our house so these two were thrilled to win some new ones.

2 // Apple Picking!

We've been enjoying freshly picked apples all week long.

3 // Neck Scarves

Nothing makes me happier for cooler weather than news that the neck scarf trend has returned for 2022!  I've always loved them and have a fun stash of new and vintage scarves to wear.  They're such a fun accessory to pull your outfit together.  Stay tuned for some Fall outfit posts!

4 // Charcuterie Family Dinner

Did you catch my post on Salami Chips earlier this week??  They're such a unique addition to your board.

5 // School Fall Fest

The kids had a blast at their school Fall Fest.  They did it all - face paint, games, inflatables, snacks, prizes, photo booth and more.


6 // Firetrucks

Leo and I parked next to a firetruck at Sams this week.  He was mesmerized.  We did several laps around it to check out all of the cool features.  Fletcher was obsessed with firetrucks at his age so it made me feel nostalgic for those little Fletcher days.  Leo seems to love anything with wheels - especially Lightning McQueen these days.


7 // Vegetable Soup

I made up a new soup recipe - tons of veggies and roast - and it was delicious!  Check back next week for the recipe.  It's perfect for cooler weather.  And 4/5 people at my house loved it.

8 // Halloween books

I love love love having a spot to display holiday books each month.  Sometimes this shelf has library books on it.  Sometimes it has holiday books.  Either way the kids know that this is a fun bookshelf for them!

9 // Harvest Time!!

Remember last week when I said I really hoped and prayed we'd be home when the farmer behind us harvested his corn!?  Well our prayers were answered on Tuesday and we woke up to a busy day on the farm.  Leo was SO excited.  He ran out to wave every time the farmers came by and he watched them for the entire morning.  We LOVE this view so much!



10 // Pumpkin Cookies

My kids requested that I make them some plain pumpkin cookies along with the chocolate chip ones I usually make.  We ended up with a little something for everyone and they did not last long.

11 // Leaves

Fletcher found the prettiest leaf on our walk this week so I framed it!  It looks really pretty on our bookshelves.

12 // I love BOO school lunch!

The kids loved their Halloween lunches this week.  These Cheetos and festive treats are so much fun.

13 // Backyard Buddies

If you need us, we'll be outside LOVING this gorgeous weather.  It's cool and sunny and wonderful!


I hope you have the best weekend!  My kids are on Fall Break today through Tuesday so it may be a little quieter on the blog than usual next week depending on how much fun we try to pack into our days :)  See you soon!

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. Happy Friday whitney!! That pic of you wearing the scarf is so darling. I know we’ve talked about seasonal color palettes before, but based your scarf pic, I’m gonna guess that you’re a summer! Those colors glow on you! Do you know what you are? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun week! I love scarves too and really need to remember to start pulling them out to go with my outfits now that the cooler weather is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your town looks so fun! I wore SO many scarves back in my teaching days, and now Grace is wearing them. have a wonderful fall break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first week of October was filled with all the good things!! I love it! I know you said you guys aren't huge fair people, but y'all fair so well! Looks like an amazing time! I know I already told you, but you look so darling in a neck scarf! Pumpkin cookies? YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.