Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday Favorites

Hey Friends!  Happy Friday!  I hope you've had a nice week.  Is it feeling like Fall where you live?  The Midwest is in full fall mode and I love it!

The best parts of our week were:

1 // Halloween Food!

I put together this Treat Tray for the kids and they LOVED it!  It was the perfect mix of homemade treats and store bought treats.  The skeleton bone cookies were a huge hit.

Do your little kids love meals in a mini muffin tin?  My toddler is a huge fan!

2 // Jordan Bakery Box

I had some yummy Halloween order this week!  Look at this cute mix of M&Ms for Halloween.

3 // Halloween Porch

We added a few pumpkins and a candy corn door hanger.  Leo loves checking on the pumpkins!  I've been so happy with my fake white pumpkins from Target and would 10/10 recommend them.  The rest are real and we'll be carving the orange ones for Halloween.

4 // School lunches!

My kids are loving hard boiled eggs, brown sugar ham, gummy bears and Halloween treats this month.

5 // Fall in the Midwest

The Fall colors just get prettier every day!  I LOVE this view from our backyard.

6 // Walmart Fashion

Did you catch my Walmart Fashion Finds post earlier this week??  I was shocked at the cute stuff I found.  This was my favorite pick for myself.  Look at that gorgeous pink sherpa!  And it's pretty breathable for a fuzzy zip up and my cats are proof of how cozy it is.  Go over and see what I found for the kids.  You'll be shocked at what I found for under $12!


7 // Mom's Group

I joined the sweetest Mom's group this year at church and it was my table's turn to bring the food.  We had baked egg dishes, pastries, baked oatmeal, fruit pizza, donut holes and more.  Having a hot breakfast with mom friends is such a treat!  We also learned so great stuff together while the kids go to their class.  I look forward to going every week.

8 // Happy Birthday, Mom!

We got everyone together to celebrate my mom's birthday this week.  She picked a local favorite spot - Log Inn and it was a treat!  Everyone left full and happy to celebrate Mimi.

9 // Super Stars!

I'm so impressed with the amazing projects my kids are working on at school.  Olive is studying perimeter and area by designing her own zoo with a partner.  She brought it home to show me their plan.  It was so neat and so detailed!  She also has been working on learning some new computer programs to make really neat presentations.  She needed zero help from me and was so excited to show me what she's learning.  4th grade is awesome!

Fletcher is doing great in school, but his biggest love right now is the creek beside our house.  He's digging a big hole and has enlisted Leo's help.  They've got big plans and often head out to the creek to work together.  I love seeing Fletcher look out for Leo and work together with him.  The weather has been weird - warm enough for these outfits and totally freezing all in the same week.

Leo is very serious about his lines of cars.  He lines them up everywhere, but the back of the couch where he can see them easily is his favorite location.  He likes to practice naming his colors with cars.  I feel like I clean up cars 24/7, but I know this phase of life is short and sweet.  Leo didn't feel 100% this week so I was happy when he found things that made him happy.

10 // Family Pictures

We got all 18 family members on my side for our family pictures last weekend.  That's no easy task.  Leo survived them (barely) and I'm hoping my cousin was able to get some good family pictures of my crew of 5 for our Christmas card.  The big group options look great so far.  Toddlers and family pictures are an interesting combo!  Leo looked so handsome, but he was a wild man.

11 // Lots of walking!

I got in a walk every day this week and on the weekends this is my walking crew.  Can you see the caterpillar Fletcher found?  They love looking for creatures, meeting new neighbors and enjoy being outside.  Olive always bikes.  Fletcher always scooters and I'll push Leo in a stroller until he refuses.

12 // Shacket weather!

I'm loving the cooler temps and shackets for Fall.  This cute one came from TJ Maxx recently.


We've got some fun plans for the weekend and I hope you do, too!  I'll see you back here on Monday.

Linking up with Momfessionals

4 comments:

  1. That treat tray is so cute and your cookies look delicious! I hope you got some great photos. Wrangling the whole family together is never easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the family photos! Toddlers are definitely challenging for picture taking, and sometimes that circles back around in the teen years...ha, ha! I'm so glad you found a good mom's group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're enjoying the mom's group at church! Another step toward being settled in your new city. As I'm sure I've said before, I love living in the South but you can't beat fall in the Midwest. I'm a little jealous of your gorgeous fall weather and your cozy layers - but so glad you get to enjoy those things. :) I wore a light jacket to Paul's game in North Carolina last weekend and had to stand in the shade so I didn't get sweaty. Ha! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.