Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Peanut Butter Swirl Bark

As I've gotten older, I've started to LOVE dark chocolate.  I used to think it was gross, but not any more.  My mom used to always tell us our taste buds would change as we got older.  I guess she was right.

I was inspired by this recipe from Skinny Taste Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl

I used her tips and adapted the recipe to work with ingredients I normally buy for the quantity I needed.  It's only three ingredients and so easy.  I couldn't believe how pretty this turned out.  Is there anything better than peanut butter and chocolate?!?


 

My ingredients:

2 cups Nestle Toll house dark chocolate chips

1 c creamy Peter Pan peanut butter

1 t coarse sea salt

 

My directions:

Melt chocolate chips in a glass measuring bowl.  2 minutes melted mine.  

Melt peanut butter in a bowl.  

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  

Pour out chocolate and spread it into a thin rectangle.  Keep the edges neat.  Pour peanut butter out of bowl in lines across the melted chocolate.  The thinner the lines better.  Big chunks of peanut butter take a long time to set.  Use a thin knife to swirl the peanut butter into the chocolate.  Sprinkle sea salt on top.  Refrigerate over night.  Break apart.  Eat!

There's a million ways you could customize it - milk chocolate, white chocolate, mini M&Ms, add in nuts, dried fruit, pretzels, etc.

This bark makes the prettiest holiday gift!  I gifted some to my friends and neighbors. I put some in cellophane bags and others in glass jars with a bow on it.  Both were perfect!  My favorite way to enjoy it is to keep a jar in the fridge and eat a cold piece at a time :)

Who could you make this for this holiday season?

5 comments:

  1. Yum! I love easy recipes like that - and you can't go wrong with peanut butter and DARK chocolate. It's my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We are making Christmas goodies this week...I may have to add them to the list. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this sounds absolutely scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks DANGEROUSLY delicious!
    What a wonderful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Semi sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter is also delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.