Monday, December 7, 2020

Oh Christmas Tree... Cinnamon Rolls & Tree Lots

I just love making holiday food and doing holiday traditions with my family.  We've hit our stride with favorite traditions.

The weekend after Thanksgiving we always go and get a real tree.  We have shopped for them all over town.  We ended up at Lowes this year.  They had a great selection, but we noticed their prices were a little higher than in years past.  I'm guessing that's probably true of most tree lots.

We sniffed all the trees, checked them out closely and decided on this one.  It's beautiful!  Probably our prettiest tree yet.  


 Lowes had this cute candy land set up.

Baby's first Christmas tree shopping adventure.




Classic Christmas.

Kevin grew up with real trees and I did not.  He convinced me to give it a try years ago and we've been getting a real tree for our family room ever since.  It's so fun!  He's the master at securing the tree on top of the van.


Now on to the Cinnamon Roll Trees!

Give me all the red and greens, tree shaped, santa hat or candy cane striped foods.  This weekend we made cinnamon roll trees.  It was super easy.

You just need one can of roll up cinnamon rolls (Aldi is our favorite) and sprinkles.

Unroll the cinnamon rolls and shape them into a tree.

Bake, ice and add your sprinkles.  The kids loved helping me with this.




Would your family like these cinnamon rolls?  My kids LOVED them!  They can't wait to make them again very soon.

4 comments:

  1. Those trees are so cute! And yay for Christmas tree shopping! We do the same - it hurts a little to pay so much for a live tree, but we just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cinnamon roll trees! So fun and festive! We're the opposite of you all - I grew up with a live tree and Paul did not. Since I handle all the Christmas decorating on my own, I stick with smaller fake trees to make my life easier. I love that you have made some fun family memories with your tree traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! And love the way you combine the tree rolls with the day you get your tree!!!

    We are big into traditions too, and this year is so much fun with our ages (4.5, 2.5, and 8mo). We are also Catholic so we do things like fill shoes for St. Nicholas day, or have braided cinnamon rolls for St. Lucia Day. My 4.5 year old daughter LOVES anything related to holidays...her mother's daughter. ;)

    Enjoy your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cinnamon roll trees are so fun. I'm going to give them a try! Love your tree.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.