Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Kid's Say...

It's been a good long while since I did a "kid's say" post.  My kids are always saying the wackiest things and making us laugh.  I would never remember them if I didn't write them down.  I keep a running list on my phone and then try to do a blog post to save it forever.  They are some of my favorite posts to go back and read.  

I have high hopes of writing these down in my own handwriting in a nice journal for both of them.  I think it would be such a fun keepsake for them to have when they are older.  A book filled with their own words of memorable things they've said over the years.  I got the idea from one of my student's parents long before I had kids of my own.


Olive // Age 7

1. While on a walk around the neighborhood we smelled something strange.  We'd just passed a dead opossum a few minutes earlier.  Olive paused and said, "I think we are smelling opossum death!"

 2. One night after dinner she said, "Let's just watch Wheel of Fortune and chat!" like a lovely little grandma.

3. We spot graffiti on a building downtown.  Olive asks what is says.  Thankfully she can't read the cursive F you message.  I tell her it says something mean that I won't be repeating.  She says, "Oh like I don't want to be your friend?"  Yep.  Mean like that - ha!

4. She responded to me and then said, "I was being sarcastic, Mom!" followed by an eye roll.

5, We were going over movie options and she turned down one.  She said, "That one makes me really sad.  You know I try and avoid that."

6. Being home so much of 2020 combined with Olive getting older has really brought out a chatty side of her.  Prior to this year she was always pretty quiet and reserved.  Now she's got tons to say all the time.  She looked over at me and said, "Mom, I could talk to you ALL day long!" and she basically does :)

7. We were checking out Leo's new teeth coming in.  Olive looked inside and said "He's got FANGS!"

8. She's been talking about getting "bap-a-tized" lately.  I won't be telling her it's baptized :)

 

Fletcher // Age 4

*Fletcher's teachers have both commented on how funny he is.  I'm not sure what that will mean for his academic future, but for now, he makes us all laugh with his funny sayings and timing.

*Fletcher talks twice as much as Olive and always has.  He's got so much to say every day.


1. "Moms smell like roses.  Boys smell like poop." he informs me after my shower one night.

2. "Mom, how much do you weigh?  Because when you sat on my lap it really hurt."

3. "Hey, Mom!  I'm fine if I get coal this year.  I could just build a bonfire with it."

4. "Penny has a cough drop stuck in her fur.  I have no idea how it got there."

5. "Mom, my water bottle is at 1%.  Please refill it."

6. I was reviewing pool rules with him.  He cut me off and said "Don't care!" jumping into the deep end.

7. "Sorry guys.  Sometimes my brain feels dumb."

8. He went through a phase where everything he said ended with "pinky promise?"

9. "Mom, You're a nice human!"  

10. His Mimi asked him if she could keep his baby.  He paused and said, "How would you feel if someone took your baby??"

11. "If you mix seeds and fruit, BOOM, you've got a watermelon!"

12. slapping turtles = snapping turtles

13. After coming out of his room from timeout for doing several naughty things in a row, Kevin asked him if he was sorry expecting him to feel remorseful.  Fletcher got a grumpy look on his face and said "I AM NEVER SAYING SORRY AGAIN!" I burst out laughing and Kevin was not amused.

14. "You're an old human!" was his insult after he was frustrated for losing a game.

15. "When Olive was a baby she loved her paci.  When I was a baby I loved my mommy!"

16. "I'm fired up about _________" is something he says when he's excited about it.

17. "I love you so munchie!"

18. "It's okay, Mom.  That was just my super hero burp!" after he let out a very manly burp.


Leo // Age 8 months

1. Mama :)


It's crazy how fast these kids are growing up!  We love them :)

4 comments:

  1. I love these posts - I remember when it was just things Olive said, and now you have double the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always my fave posts! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Fletcher sounds like a real hoot, and it's so fun that Olive enjoys chatting with you. The grafitti comment from Olive reminded me of when the kids got off the bus when they were in 1st and 3rd grades telling me that someone had been saying "mother Tucker." They wondered what that meant. I'm glad they didn't know what was really said! (I started picking them up from school after that incident!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive's comment about 'I don't want to be your friend' is precious. Both of my sons thought "You aren't coming to my party" was the meanest thing anyone could ever say. Such sweet little hearts they have at that age.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.