Friday, December 4, 2020

2020 North Pole Breakfast

I've been doing a North Pole breakfast for the kids since 2014.  It's one of my very favorite traditions to kick off the Christmas cheer in December.  It's always the first week of December.  The date is flexible depending on our schedule or Amazon's delivery schedule :)

I set everything up the night before.

I get each kid a new ornament or two to represent things they are currently love, new Christmas pjs, a Christmas book and other random things - snow globes, candy, slippers, games, etc.  I don't wrap anything.  Just lay a pile of things at their place setting.

Olive = rainbow // Fletcher = cheeseburger and fries // Leo = baby s'more

A few tips for saving $$$ on this breakfast:  Use what you have - dishes, napkins, reuse Christmas PEZ dispensers and just buy refill candy, buy Christmas books off season and save them for Christmas and shop the sales on things like ornaments, snow globes and Christmas pjs. 

Our menu changes every year based on my kid's current favorites.  Cinnamon toast is king right now so I build the meal around that.  Lots of reds and greens and sweets.  I do not spend hours on the meal.  I just put together something quick, festive and fun.


 Late night prepping.  Everything but the food gets set out.
Olive:


 Fletcher:


Leo:

I picked these snow globes up at Hobby Lobby.  You put your own picture in them and they're plastic.  I'm hoping that meals they are somewhat indestructible.  We lost 2 snow globes last year.


We have this sweet Santa advent.  Santa moves to a new house every day.  We take turns alternating who gets to open the advent calendars every day.  The same kid does both calendars - they just rotate days.

We put little candy treats in this advent calendar.

Good morning!  Leo's first North Pole Breakfast.  Everyone loved it!

I love these 3 and my 2020 ornament.


It's never too late to put together a North Pole Breakfast for your own family!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Your table looks so festive - who wouldn't want to wake up to all those goodies? I'm logging away ideas of things to do when my nephews are old enough to spend the night, and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still over here nagging you to create a party planning book! I love your festive and fun traditions.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.