Monday, December 14, 2020

2020 Family Pictures

I was determined to get our family pictures taken early this year giving me plenty of time to order Christmas cards.  I debated using a local photographer, but ended up getting creative.  We have two babysitters that we adore and a nice camera so I booked them to take our family pictures.  I scoped out the location, picked the best time of day for good lighting, selected our outfits and we were set.  The whole shoot only took about 20 minutes and I love the results.  They used my camera and the whole process couldn't have been easier.  We'd definitely go this routine again in the future.

We ended up with a few great family pics and great new head shots for the kids.  Our babysitters took the family pictures and I took the pictures of the kids.  I paid them for their time and then they left once the whole family pictures were done.  Teamwork!

I usually pick out Olive's dress first and then plan our outfits around her.  However, I found Fletcher's flannel first and planned the outfits around his shirt.  It worked out great.  Everyone had an outfit they loved and even though the temps were unseasonably warm, it worked out just fine.  When I am selecting our outfits I usually opt for a couple different patterns, a few different neutrals, accessories and colors/patterns that all mix nicely.  I loved these outfits!

Let me show you my favorites:

The winner!  Christmas card approved!






Olive loves leopard so she was thrilled to wear it for pictures.


Fletcher has a big personality and I wasn't sure he was going to settle down enough for some good head shots.  Spoiler alert: In between a zillion silly pictures, I got some sweet ones of him.




And a selfie of the parents as they wrap up family pictures.  Sweaty.  Exhausted.  And heading to McDonalds drive thru because that's what the kids picked out for their special dinner - ha!

Tip: Before you have your family pictures done, lay out all the outfits together to make sure all of the patterns, colors and textures work together.  


Did you get family pictures taken this year?  

I love having a photo ready to use for Christmas cards and updated pictures.

I wish I could send all of you a Christmas card!  Merry Christmas from my family to yours!


 

6 comments:

  1. Such great pictures - and just as good as those with a professional. I've done that a few times with a friend, and it's so easy. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pictures! I love seeing the kids personalities come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a successful photo shoot! I love the outfits you chose for everyone, and the pictures turned out great. You're so resourceful and made the best of your options - with great success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!! So well done!! Thanks so much for sharing them and your tips too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for getting your adorable pictures! We got pictures this year too. It had been six years since we had formal family pictures done - our youngest was a babe in arms back then and now she's almost 7! What a year to get them. At least I found a cute headband to hide my nearly bald head. My hair had started growing back after chemo ended in August, but it was still looking pretty sparse at the beginning of November when we had pictures done. Still, the pictures turned out great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Christmas card. What a great picture! We recently moved from NE Ohio to Chattanooga and had our family picture taken at Bass Pro Shop. Santas Workshop is lots of fun for the kids. If you have one in Indiana, I'd highly recommend it.
    Have a Wonderful, Blessed CHRISTmas........

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.